Hollywood Actress Drew Barrymore Quotes

Quotes by Hollywood Actress Drew Barrymore: -

About being in ET at age seven:
One day I was a little girl, and the next day, I was mobbed by people who wanted me to sign my autograph or pose for pictures. Some of them just wanted to touch me. It was crazy. I was this 7-year-old who was expected to be going on a mature 29.

Revealing her top dating tip:
The only fundamental rule for me is to just be yourself. Let your freak-flag fly, and if someone doesn't get you, move on.

Quoted in Woman's World:
I'd rather be a few pounds heavier and enjoy life than be worried all the time.

On her attraction to Christian Bale:
He's so cute! And I knew him when he was a kid. He was in Empire of the Sun (1987). If he walked into the room now, I would totally clam up. Or I might go overboard and embarrass myself.

On her favorite movies to make:
I try to make movies that I would want to go see rather than ones I would just want to do as an actor. I want people to have movies full of romance and hope and empowerment, something they can escape into and feel good about. I love happy endings.

On her morning routine:
Every morning I stay in bed for ten minutes to ponder my place in the universe. Then I wash my face and check my karma.

Quoted in Woman's Day:
My whole life, I've wanted to feel comfortable in my skin. It's the most liberating thing in the world.

A fish may love a bird, but where would they live?

As much light as I have inside me, there's just as much darkness, I'm afraid. There's a polarity, and I still have demons to work out.

Daisies are like sunshine to the ground.

Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves.

God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped.

I am a yin and a yang Piscean. I'm an extremist, I'm a polarity. No wonder I'm a schizophrenic.

I am obsessed with ice cubes. Obsessed.

I aspire to be that, to be a voice of reason one day.

I believe in fate. I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how you learn.

I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how we learn.

I believe you can be the person that you dream of being.

I definitely don't think that I'm hot doo-doo. I don't.

I did karaoke once - a Pat Benatar song - and my friends looked at me with disgust.

I don't know anybody's road who's been paved perfectly for them, there are no manuals, you don't know what life has in store for you.

I don't want to be stinky poo poo girl, I want to be happy flower child.

I don't want to sit around and hope good things happen. I want to make them happen.

I have mainly very positive things I like to feel about my parents. I think I inherited my mother's incredible spirit and enthusiasm for life, her humour, her passion for music. Even though we don't see each other very much.

I know certain actors are totally screwed up on drugs, yet it gets covered up. Why wasn't I excused for 'exhaustion' or 'the flu'?

I love levity. As crazy as I am, I just love to laugh!

I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I love it so much. It's pathetic.

I love women who have fought to the change the world and made a difference. I want to be one of them myself.

I never act my characters - I am them.

I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.

I never want to get to the point where it's all about my needs, and the hell with anybody else.

I once got dumped by a guy twice! The second time I was like, 'Really? Are you sure now?'

I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows.

I really want to understand the mind so I can be more comfortable with the way people are. Being comfortable with people is incredibly important.

I used to look in the mirror and feel shame, I look in the mirror now and I absolutely love myself.

I want people to be blown away when I do what they don't expect.

I want people to love me, but it's not going to hurt me if they don't.

If I die before my cat, I want a little of my ashes put in his food so I can live inside him.

If I ever start talking to you about my 'craft', my 'instrument', you have permission to shoot me.

If you're going to be alive and on this planet, you have to, like, suck the marrow out of every day and get the most out of it.

If you're going to go through hell... I suggest you come back learning something.

I'm getting older so those dark circles are really starting to show. Now, I'm starting to look like Night of the Living Dead.

I'm not after fame and success and fortune and power. It's mostly that I want to have a good job and have good friends; that's the good stuff in life.

I'm so in control of my life, you shouldn't dislike anything I do-because I'm not only in the best place I've ever been, but it keeps getting better and better.

It's only through listening that you learn, and I never want to stop learning.

I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to.

I've been a vegetarian for years and years. I'm not judgemental about others who aren't, I just feel I cannot eat or wear living creatures.

I've never really understood how I should feel or behave in a relationship... I didn't have the kind of childhood or family life that would have given me any perspective on what a happy home life or relationship would feel like. My father was literally out of his mind and my mother was more like a friend than a real mom to me. She would take me out to clubs and I wound up feeling like part of this very unreal kind of world, although that was the only world I ever knew growing up.

Kisses, even to the air, are beautiful.

Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.

Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.

My mom is an interesting character. She's well-read, lived in amazing times, has great stories... but when you're a kid, you don't want your mother to be that person. You don't want to hear that Mick Jagger's in the bedroom.

My parents are not bad people. It was just a case of them not wanting a child.

Sometimes I bust out and do things so permanent. Like tattoos and marriage.

There's a hunger and a fervor that I have, but there's no person I'm going to push to the side to get where I'm going. I want to create my own road.

There's nothing like the power of a smile.

There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say "I was a decent person today". That's when I feel beautiful.

When things are perfect, that's when you need to worry most.

When you've been locked up in a mental institution, people are going to ask questions. It was OK, because I didn't have to act perfect all the time.

You have to fight unhappiness like a dragon with fire and breathe.

You've just got to do the best that you can.